Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my iPhone is overheating?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 12:03 PM

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201678

3 replies

Jul 9, 2021 1:51 AM in response to iW00

My iPhone has been overheating and being in the sun or an overheated room is NOT the problem. There is some kind of a system or software issue that needs to be resolved. I found a non-Apple post that said to turn off background app refresh - phone seems better since doing that, but should that be necessary?

Jul 9, 2021 11:20 AM in response to KeallAE

Do you see on the screen a temperature warning and message that your iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it again? If not, then your device isn't overhearing but it is getting warm or too warm during the use.

So? What is it happening precisely? The better you try to describe what exactly is happening, the better response you might get.

Otherwise, either contact AppleCare where they remotely can run diagnostics on your device or bring your iPhone to nearest Apple Retail Store or Authorised Service Provider for hardware test.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.