Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand - How Do I Playback Multiple Tracks via USB?

I have successfully connected my Soundcraft Performer 2 digital audio console's 32 channel USB I/O card to my MB Pro and recorded 21 instrument and vocal tracks for a live band that I mixed recently. However, when I try to play the tracks back into my console from Garageband, I am only getting 2 channels that sound like a stereo mix of the recording. I want to send all the tracks to the console so that I can use them for a virtual soundcheck, but I can't figure out how to do it, so I'm looking for some help. All I have found so far is information on how to locate the WAV files for my individual tracks so that I can import them into another app like Reaper and use it for multitrack playback, but I'd rather not do that if there is a way to get Garageband to playback more than 2 channels via USB.

FWIW I'm running Mojave because I like iTunes :) and I'm a Garageband newbie.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:10 PM

Garageband has no concept of midi out, nor support for more than L/R output.

To do more, you need GB's smarter brother, Logic.

Similar questions

2 replies

GarageBand - How Do I Playback Multiple Tracks via USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.