Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use my credit for a movie?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 8:02 AM

5 replies

Jul 8, 2021 1:48 AM in response to Robert Garity

To to be clear, are you saying that $4.99 credit Apple gave me cannot be used for a movie?

No, on the contrary, I’m saying that you shouldn’t be able to avoid using credit for movies.

i have ordered movie rentals since I received my credit, my credit was not consumed and my credit card was charged.

That contradicts what Apple says should happen. Are you sure this is about one and the same Apple ID account? Contact Apple Support for further inquiries, as they are able to look up your account details.

Jul 7, 2021 9:05 AM in response to Robert Garity

Account balance will be used before all other payment methods, for purchases in the iTunes Store or App Store.

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

The list of payment methods is ordered and changeable, but balance will always be first.

Rent or Buy a movie, and that will be charged to the first payment method of your Apple ID account.

Jul 19, 2021 9:58 PM in response to Urquhart1244

the same thing happened to me. i have 2 movie credits and i have an apple laptop and selected a movie and payed close attention because i do not ususally watch apple tv. There were no options to add "credit" so i assumed it would automatically use the credit that was given to me from Apple Support. Instead I was charged on my stored credit card and NOT the credit I have to watch ( not download) two movies. So I do not know how to enter this credit. And, since Apple always has a card on file, basically it is a lose lose situation. I had called Apple CS and asked about this and they were absolutely ZERO help.

Jul 20, 2021 12:54 AM in response to Out4arun

I have 2 movie credits

I don’t know what you mean by “2 movie credits”. There is Apple ID balance from bank transfers or gift cards, or maybe from certain lesser documented promotional compensation, but always a monetary value. I have never heard of “x amount of movie credits”. As iTunes Store movie all have a different price, there is no generic balance to cover two movies.

… so i assumed it would automatically use the credit that was given to me from Apple Support.

If there was Apple ID balance available on the used account, then that would be used first, automatically. Apparently, no such balance was found.

… credit that was given to me from Apple Support.

Did they, though? I don’t think so. You may not have talked to real Apple Support, if they said that.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

I had called Apple CS and asked about this and they were absolutely ZERO help.

I have come to know the Support staff as knowledgeable and helpful. That doesn’t necessarily mean giving in to claims for non-existent credit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.