Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alphabetize passwords?

Is there a simple way to alphabetize my passwords stored in Safari>Preferences>Passwords?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 10:31 AM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2021 11:17 AM in response to Applepeople1

I figured this out👍!

I had at some point selected Password from the 3 options (column title bar) at the top of the Password display window . When I selected Website the list appeared in alphabetical order once again 🎉 I was frustrated by reading that Safari automatically sorted these alphabetically but couldn't find this little piece of the puzzle in any Apple documentation.

Jul 7, 2021 11:32 AM in response to dominic23

Hey dominic23,

Thanks for your reply. I did finally figure this out. Of course it was User Error🥴. Somehow I had checked the Password option from the top column bar that lists Website/User Name/Password as options. Once I selected Website the alphabetized list appeared. Maybe Apple can add this to the documentation about using the Safari>Preferences>Password display. I can't be the only Senior citizen who's managed to muck this up.

Cheers,

Kelly

Jul 7, 2021 11:36 AM in response to Ferd II

Hello Ferd II,

I feel absolutely triumphant that I figured this out💪 Just after posting my question I went back for one more look and saw that I'd done just what you've shown here. I'd selected Password from that top Menu bar. When I selected Website my alphabetized list appeared once again. User Error is always my default conclusion🥴But today, at 68, this old dog learned a new trick. Thanks for your answer. You nailed it!

Alphabetize passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.