Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove photos from my phone to creatte memory space but back them up to my cloud storage?

How do I remove photos from my phone to creatte memory space but back them up to my cloud storage?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 5:47 PM

In addition to what Lawrence correctly suggests, you can upload the photos from your phone to your computer directly and store them on your computers hard drive. Or you could use a backup service, such as Dropbox or Carbonite or even Amazon Photo if you're a Prime customer and then delete them from your phone. But they will no longer be in iCloud. They'd just be in an actual archive of your choosing.

Here is how you can upload photos from your phone to your computer --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 5:47 PM in response to Tnann51

In addition to what Lawrence correctly suggests, you can upload the photos from your phone to your computer directly and store them on your computers hard drive. Or you could use a backup service, such as Dropbox or Carbonite or even Amazon Photo if you're a Prime customer and then delete them from your phone. But they will no longer be in iCloud. They'd just be in an actual archive of your choosing.

Here is how you can upload photos from your phone to your computer --> Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.