Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned off my phone and turned it back on, but my iMessage is still not working.

How can I erase and restart (fix) my iMessage so that messages go to my cell phone and not my email?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 7:24 PM

Does your iPhone have problems sending text messages to one other recipient, or to all other recipients?

Which iPhone model, and which iOS version?

Is this iPhone new, or new to you? Or is this an iPhone you’ve been using to send messages for a while?

And is this involving a Mac as indicated by your footer, or an iPhone?

I’m not yet certain the following applies to this case, but here is what Apple recommends for activating iMessage itself:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2021 7:24 PM in response to misung8

Does your iPhone have problems sending text messages to one other recipient, or to all other recipients?

Which iPhone model, and which iOS version?

Is this iPhone new, or new to you? Or is this an iPhone you’ve been using to send messages for a while?

And is this involving a Mac as indicated by your footer, or an iPhone?

I’m not yet certain the following applies to this case, but here is what Apple recommends for activating iMessage itself:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

I turned off my phone and turned it back on, but my iMessage is still not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.