Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message after I sign in to Apple ID

I receive the following message when I signed in to my Apple ID: Your Apple ID is being used to sign in on the web near Prescott, AZ. It asks me to Deny or Allow. Of course I Deny but every time I sign in I get the same message. What can I do?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 12:16 PM

are you in AZ at all most IP are revolving IP so perhaps you could have had a IP that was Prescott AZ , does it do this each and every-time you log in ? if so it's you triggering it i just had it myself here as i have 2 factor authentication turned on and in fact it was me that did. If you are getting it right when you hit the log in button then it's you triggering the message and can be ignored. Most IP will give you the approximate location that you reside in, but not the exact location , if you log in again and get the same message right when you click log in then you know it's you.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 12:16 PM in response to PRP_53

are you in AZ at all most IP are revolving IP so perhaps you could have had a IP that was Prescott AZ , does it do this each and every-time you log in ? if so it's you triggering it i just had it myself here as i have 2 factor authentication turned on and in fact it was me that did. If you are getting it right when you hit the log in button then it's you triggering the message and can be ignored. Most IP will give you the approximate location that you reside in, but not the exact location , if you log in again and get the same message right when you click log in then you know it's you.

Jul 8, 2021 1:25 PM in response to KI7PBG

I have always lived in Iowa. Yes it does this each and every time I log in. The message says my Apple ID is being used to sign in to a device near Prescott, AZ. I also have 2 factor authentication turned on and I never get the verification code the first time. I have to click on "Didn't get a verification code?" Then I click on to receive it by cell phone. Then it comes through.

I was just wondering if you have had the following happen. I brought up Best Buy's website and in the upper right corner it gives you the city the store is in. It came up Prescott, AZ. Then I went into another website to change my email address and I didn't see my account. I put in to find a friend by name or email address. I put in my email address and the results came up "Jo in Prescott Valley, AZ. This is you". Just wondering.

Message after I sign in to Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.