Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can my contacts, pictures be saved on iCloud to transfer to new phone when it arrives?

my phone was lost stolen this morning, can info be saved on the iCloud until new product arrive?

Can me phone be located?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 10:47 AM

tafoya20 wrote:

my phone was lost stolen this morning, can info be saved on the iCloud until new product arrive?

Not if the contacts and photos haven’t already been backed up to iCloud. You can’t remotely back the phone up now, if that is what you are asking. If you were backing up photos and contacts with iCloud every night, then you will be able to restore the contacts and photos to a new phone when you restore the backup.

If you we’re syncing contacts with iCloud, they will be restore when you set up the new phone and as long as the switch is set to in Settings>Your name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>Contacts>On. If you were using iCloud Photos, the photos will be downloaded during set up as long as the switch is on in the settings for iCloud photos in the Apps using iCloud setting.

can me phone be located?

Maybe, if Find My was turned on.

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 10:47 AM in response to tafoya20

tafoya20 wrote:

Not if the contacts and photos haven’t already been backed up to iCloud. You can’t remotely back the phone up now, if that is what you are asking. If you were backing up photos and contacts with iCloud every night, then you will be able to restore the contacts and photos to a new phone when you restore the backup.

If you we’re syncing contacts with iCloud, they will be restore when you set up the new phone and as long as the switch is set to in Settings>Your name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>Contacts>On. If you were using iCloud Photos, the photos will be downloaded during set up as long as the switch is on in the settings for iCloud photos in the Apps using iCloud setting.

can me phone be located?

Maybe, if Find My was turned on.

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

can my contacts, pictures be saved on iCloud to transfer to new phone when it arrives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.