Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings changing

Anyone having any issues with their settings changing on their own?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 8:30 PM

N2K Said:

"Settings changing: Anyone having any issues with their settings changing on their own?"

-------

No. I have never had this issue. But, if you are suspicious of this, then someone may your credentials. So, consider modifying your credentials. Perform this on a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

Modify your Credentials:

If you are concerned about you account information being compromised, then by all means modify your credentials. You are able to log into these forums just fine. So, log into iCloud, and modify your credentials, starting with a new, strong password and using a new eMail address (for Apple).

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2021 8:30 PM in response to N2K

N2K Said:

"Settings changing: Anyone having any issues with their settings changing on their own?"

-------

No. I have never had this issue. But, if you are suspicious of this, then someone may your credentials. So, consider modifying your credentials. Perform this on a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

Modify your Credentials:

If you are concerned about you account information being compromised, then by all means modify your credentials. You are able to log into these forums just fine. So, log into iCloud, and modify your credentials, starting with a new, strong password and using a new eMail address (for Apple).

Jul 30, 2021 3:48 PM in response to N2K

N2K Said:

"Settings changing: Some of the settings include my phone name changes. My mailbox order changes. Noise canceling in one AirPod turns off after I have just turned it on for the day. Notification settings change as to sound or no sound. Banners and badges settings on notifications change. App order changes on screens."

-------

Reset to Factory Settings:

One thing to consider is to restore the iPhone to factory settings. Use of this Link: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to Factory Settings - Apple Support. Important - back up first, as mentioned in that link.

Important:

On the iPhone Both Before and After the Reset:

Enable different iCloud settings on your iPhone, so that all is restorable, after the reset...

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green in-color)

Aug 3, 2021 4:17 PM in response to N2K

N2K Said:

"Settings changing: I am having no luck here with my issues. As i explained earlier, I have already done this. The changes continue."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

You can also contact Apple Support, asking them for assistance with this. If desired, request a screensharing session with them. Doing so, they can easily run you through the fix, as they will be seeing this from your perspective. 

Apple’s Contact Information:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense, because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jul 8, 2021 1:20 PM in response to iW00

The name of my phone, the customized settings on my AirPods, my customized text and ringtones, my widgets move, sometimes my calls do not ring either to my phone or my headphones(no. phone not on silent), notifications change as to weather silent or sound or banner, notification that not able to set up AirPods because they are not apple when they are, apps open that I didn’t open, email box order changes. Shall I continue. I can.

Jul 30, 2021 1:41 PM in response to N2K

N2K Said:

"I already have an apple email and have changed my password several times. None of these things have stopped my settings from changing. If the setting is not locked by password it will change."

-------

What "Settings"?:

What Setting(s) are you referring to? If something has the option to lock settings, then presumably: Yes. It will be locked and all this self-resetting will end. So, what exactly are these settings, if I may ask?

Jul 30, 2021 3:01 PM in response to TheLittles

Some of the settings include my phone name changes. My mailbox order changes. Noise canceling in one AirPod turns off after I have just turned it on for the day. Notification settings change as to sound or no sound. Banners and badges settings on notifications change. App order changes on screens.

Settings changing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.