Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook no longer connecting to iPhone via USB

I have a late 2009 MacBook (yes, I know it's horribly outdated) running High Sierra 10.13.6, and an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.6. In the MacBook's System Information it is showing the iPhone connected to the USB 2.0 Bus but Finder, iTunes, and Photos will not recognize it as being connected. The iPhone is charging from the USB port but is also not registering that it's connected to the MacBook.

I synced this phone in iTunes yesterday morning with no issues. Last night we had a power outage and I plugged the phone in to charge via the MacBook's USB. It started to automatically sync in iTunes and for the sake of saving power I canceled the sync. Now I'm having the issue described above.

Can anyone help me resolve this? In canceling the sync the phone also lost all its music.

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 2:01 PM

Reinstalling iTunes solved the problem. It's the exact same iTunes version I'd already been using, but whatever it was I did, it worked.

3 replies

MacBook no longer connecting to iPhone via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.