Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Phone Ringer Volume

iPhone ringer volume fades from loud to quiet, why? the initial ring is loud but it fades to quiet, so quiet where you cant hear it if you're not right by the phone. How do I change this

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 7:03 PM

In the newer iPhones with Face ID, there is a setting called Attention Aware Features. With that setting turned on, for notification sounds, and phone calls, the first sound will be at the current volume settings, and once the Face ID camera "sees" that you are looking at the device, it will bring the volume down since it would appear that you are already aware of the notification. You can turn that off if you wish, it is found in Settings>Face ID & Passcode>Attention Aware Features. Turn that off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 7:03 PM in response to im815

In the newer iPhones with Face ID, there is a setting called Attention Aware Features. With that setting turned on, for notification sounds, and phone calls, the first sound will be at the current volume settings, and once the Face ID camera "sees" that you are looking at the device, it will bring the volume down since it would appear that you are already aware of the notification. You can turn that off if you wish, it is found in Settings>Face ID & Passcode>Attention Aware Features. Turn that off.

I-Phone Ringer Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.