Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t want to erase my watch but need to unpair it with an iPhone that is lost or stolen. What do I do?

I don’t want to erase my watch but need to unpair it with an iPhone that is lost or stolen. What do I do?

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 7:41 PM

Unless you recover your lost or stolen iPhone, I am afraid there is no other option. However, see the last paragraph in the 'How Apple Watch backs up your data' section of:

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"When you back up your iPhone to iCloud or your computer, your iPhone backup includes your Apple Watch data. This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored."

So, as long as you have been making regular backups of your iPhone before it was lost or stolen you can use that backup to also restore your watch.

You should also put your iPhone in Lost Mode for now:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 7:41 PM in response to jb2crazy

Unless you recover your lost or stolen iPhone, I am afraid there is no other option. However, see the last paragraph in the 'How Apple Watch backs up your data' section of:

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"When you back up your iPhone to iCloud or your computer, your iPhone backup includes your Apple Watch data. This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored."

So, as long as you have been making regular backups of your iPhone before it was lost or stolen you can use that backup to also restore your watch.

You should also put your iPhone in Lost Mode for now:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.