Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal hotspot is on, but won’t show on personal hotspots list, only as a WiFi address

I cannot see my iPhone hotspot listed under “personal hotspots”, but when I open the hotspot page on my iPhone it shows up as a wifi address on my iPad.

My mom and sisters iPhones show up, but mines doesn’t.

my iPad and iPhone have Wifi , Bluetooth, air drop, and hotspot all turned on, and the iPhones cellular is on and working. And yes, I have cellular hotspot in my plan and I am nowhere near the limit.

once my iPad is connected it shows the proper chain icon showing that you are connected to another apple devices hotspot, but I still have to go to my phone and go to the wifi page and wait for it to connect rather than just tapping it from my list of personal hotspots.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 11:23 PM

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 11:23 PM in response to sajjadfromjacksonville

Use these steps first

Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi

The Hotspot is a carrier-specific feature. Contact your carrier, if it is not appearing on your device.

Personal hotspot is on, but won’t show on personal hotspots list, only as a WiFi address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.