Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine stops making backup every time I try

Time Machine doesn’t work on my iMac 27” late 2012 anymore. Thought it was the external drive that was faulty, but with a new drive it just makes a copy in part and stops. I have to make a full new copy of my 1 TB hard drive on my iMac, but it only reaches about 150 GB and stops. I’ve tried letting it work with all power saving options off. Doesn’t help either. Else from this I have no trouble with the iMac.

Joachims iMac 27"

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 7:34 AM

joachim_s wrote:

Time Machine doesn’t work on my iMac 27” late 2012 anymore. Thought it was the external drive that was faulty, but with a new drive it just makes a copy in part and stops. I have to make a full new copy of my 1 TB hard drive on my iMac, but it only reaches about 150 GB and stops. I’ve tried letting it work with all power saving options off. Doesn’t help either. Else from this I have no trouble with the iMac.

*Trouble Shooting—

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/time-machine-troubleshooting-mh15653/mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 7:34 AM in response to joachim_s

joachim_s wrote:

*Trouble Shooting—

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/time-machine-troubleshooting-mh15653/mac

Time Machine stops making backup every time I try

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.