Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone prefer their ipad over their Mac

does anyone prefer their iPad over their Mac. Im thinking of switching

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 2:33 AM

Mac and iPad offer very different capabilities and user experience. iPad and Mac together make a very versatile pairing - benefiting from the strengths and capabilities of both. Each platform has unique features.

Despite optimistic marketing by Apple, an iPad cannot completely replace a PC/Mac. Should the day arise that your iPad (or iPhone) mist be “restored”, you will need access to either a PC or Mac computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 2:33 AM in response to Xavier_135

Mac and iPad offer very different capabilities and user experience. iPad and Mac together make a very versatile pairing - benefiting from the strengths and capabilities of both. Each platform has unique features.

Despite optimistic marketing by Apple, an iPad cannot completely replace a PC/Mac. Should the day arise that your iPad (or iPhone) mist be “restored”, you will need access to either a PC or Mac computer.

Jul 9, 2021 5:48 AM in response to Xavier_135

I continue to use both on a daily basis.

Both have their strengths.

A full featured computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, is far superior to an iPad for multitasking and the apps available for Macs and Windows is still superior to those found in the iOS app store, for iPad.

A 27 inch screen iMac beats out my 12.9 inch diagonal screen iPad Pro any day of the week!

Apple IS FIRMLY committed to keeping an iPad an iPad and that means continuing to develop iPadOS

macOS will NOT be coming to ANY iPad model any time soon!

I am far more creative and productive on my nearly 12 year old iMac than I am on my iPad Pro, but still am creative enough on my iPad Pro everyday as it always with me wherever I am.

My iPad Pro screen, as large as it, currently, is, is still a limiting factor for me compared to a larger screen desktop iMac.

Also, multitasking on an iPad, I feel, is still a huge issue for me.

A large screen iMac makes this issues, practically, a “no-brainer, non-issue. Even with my own Mac that is “fairly long in the tooth”.

does anyone prefer their ipad over their Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.