Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Install macOS Big Sur" icon in Launchpad

Hi,

I recently updated my MacBook Air 2020 (Intel) to macOS Big Sur and I noticed that there's "Install macOS Big Sur" icon in my Launchpad.

Also, after installing this OS, my battery at the start page is not the same as on the screen page. After restarting, the battery shows 89%, then when it flips to main screen, it is 92%.

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 9:01 AM

Hello kmldrx,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that an app called "install macOS Big Sur" is on LaunchPad and the battery percentage doesn't match up from the Launchpad to your Desktop. In regards to the "install macOS Big Sur" app you see, it can be removed using the steps below:

Use Launchpad on your Mac - Apple Support

"Add or remove an app

Apps that you download from the App Store or that are included with macOS automatically appear in Launchpad. If you download an app from another source, you can add it to Launchpad by moving the app to your Applications folder.

Learn how to delete an app from your Mac, which also removes the app from Launchpad."

Regarding the battery percentage being different, test the issue while in safe mode. Then restart your Mac as normal and see if the issue persists.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 9:01 AM in response to kmldrx

Hello kmldrx,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that an app called "install macOS Big Sur" is on LaunchPad and the battery percentage doesn't match up from the Launchpad to your Desktop. In regards to the "install macOS Big Sur" app you see, it can be removed using the steps below:

Use Launchpad on your Mac - Apple Support

"Add or remove an app

Apps that you download from the App Store or that are included with macOS automatically appear in Launchpad. If you download an app from another source, you can add it to Launchpad by moving the app to your Applications folder.

Learn how to delete an app from your Mac, which also removes the app from Launchpad."

Regarding the battery percentage being different, test the issue while in safe mode. Then restart your Mac as normal and see if the issue persists.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Jul 29, 2021 9:32 PM in response to kmldrx

Dear Brother, I too get evolved in this problem but now sorted bcoz when I update my mac on July 24 2021 this icon start appearing from there..I check the updated version it says macOS Big Sur 11.5.....

guess another update is already in the queue...it's version. 11.5.1...

All you need to do is to just update once more and you are sorted out of your problem.

Thanks

Regards ATIREK

"Install macOS Big Sur" icon in Launchpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.