Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Muti-room airplay audio no longer working

Muti-room airplay quit working from my iMac around the time Apple enabled Hi Res and Spatial audio. I have 2 HomePods in different rooms (non paired) and 2 Airport express receivers connected to amplifier/speaker arrangements. All devices are running the latest revisions. This environment did not come about immediately following updates but some time later when the new enhancements were put into effect! All my airplay2 devices appear upon clicking on the Airplay icon but upon selecting the additional device, no sound plays through any speakers even though the time is moving on the playback until I select the computer speakers only again. Please help! Extremely puzzled?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 6:58 PM

See: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

• Close the app you’re using on the Mac and restart the Mac
  • Reboot your wifi
  • Restart the HomePods:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Or you can do this on your Mac

See also: If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 6:58 PM in response to PaulinColls

See: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

• Close the app you’re using on the Mac and restart the Mac
  • Reboot your wifi
  • Restart the HomePods:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Or you can do this on your Mac

See also: If HomePod isn't responding - Apple Support

Muti-room airplay audio no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.