Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scan Issue

When I scan from my Cannon Printer to my Mac I want to send as an email it downloads, comes up on screen & than mail opens covering it. When I try to close mail me email gets deleted.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 3:14 PM

Hello, whippanybill.

It sounds like you need to save the scan to a file - perhaps on the desktop - before you open Mail to compose your email.

That would be a function of the scan program, probably accessible by pressing Command-S (⌘S) on your keyboard. Then name the scan file, confirm the save destination and press "enter".

Don't forget to delete the scan file after you send your email if you don't need to keep it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 3:14 PM in response to whippanybill

Hello, whippanybill.

It sounds like you need to save the scan to a file - perhaps on the desktop - before you open Mail to compose your email.

That would be a function of the scan program, probably accessible by pressing Command-S (⌘S) on your keyboard. Then name the scan file, confirm the save destination and press "enter".

Don't forget to delete the scan file after you send your email if you don't need to keep it.

Scan Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.