Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Pencil whilst iPad attached to magic keyboard

I’m having trouble using my Apple Pencil whilst the IpadPro is attached to the Magic Keyboard. When I tried this on a demo model in an apple store, it seemed to work fine, but with my IPad Pro it does not seem to be working. I note that some have said best to use pencil when Ipad is lying flat and not attached to the magic Keyboard, but would like to have the option of using it when the iPad is attached to the keyboard.

Any advice?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 3:44 PM

Magic Keyboard? Which one? Somewhat confusingly, Apple use the “Magic” monicker to describe many of its products.

Technically you should be able to use an Apple Pencil with both the Magic Keyboard for iPad - and the Magic (folio) Keyboard. However, you may find that you see less unexpected behaviour if you disable the Scribble feature. Scribble is used for translating handwritten input to text - suppressing keyboard input in some circumstances.

Settings > Apple Pencil > Scribble - set to OFF

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2021 3:44 PM in response to M0xieK

Magic Keyboard? Which one? Somewhat confusingly, Apple use the “Magic” monicker to describe many of its products.

Technically you should be able to use an Apple Pencil with both the Magic Keyboard for iPad - and the Magic (folio) Keyboard. However, you may find that you see less unexpected behaviour if you disable the Scribble feature. Scribble is used for translating handwritten input to text - suppressing keyboard input in some circumstances.

Settings > Apple Pencil > Scribble - set to OFF

Using Apple Pencil whilst iPad attached to magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.