Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of bright line on screen that appears in calendar monthly view?

I have a new iPad. While trying to close the calendar, I swiped up. Instead of closing the calendar, a bright, short red line came up. Now it stays in the same spot on my screen when I’m in monthly view regardless of the month I chose. How do I get rid of it?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 1:11 AM

This is certainly something new - or at least, not something of which I have seen previous reports.

I would initially suggest that you for force-close the Calendar App, then relaunch Calendar:

Quit and reopen an app on iPad - Apple Support

Force-closing the Calendar will force the App to restart, instead of suspending the App. This may be enough to correct the problem. If you continue to have difficulties, a forced-restart is the next step:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 1:11 AM in response to CluelessinColorado

This is certainly something new - or at least, not something of which I have seen previous reports.

I would initially suggest that you for force-close the Calendar App, then relaunch Calendar:

Quit and reopen an app on iPad - Apple Support

Force-closing the Calendar will force the App to restart, instead of suspending the App. This may be enough to correct the problem. If you continue to have difficulties, a forced-restart is the next step:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Jul 9, 2021 5:06 PM in response to CluelessinColorado

Can you provide a screenshot? If you do, be careful to avoid showing any personal or sensitive information. If necessary, use the markup tools to obscure anything that you don’t wish to show.

Take a screenshot on your iPad – Apple Support

You can attach your screenshot using this button at the bottom of the editor window:

How do I get rid of bright line on screen that appears in calendar monthly view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.