Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple iPhone calendars

explanation of each of the iPhone calendars

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 9:09 AM

One uses multiple calendars to group related events. For instance, one could have a calendar for work-related events, while having a home calendar for home-related events. The nice thing about having separate calendars is that they are shown in different colors which makes it easy to see what an event is related to. Another nice feature is that you can uncheck some of the calendars if you don't want to see them for a while, such as turning off the work calendar when you go on vacations.

You can create as many calendar as you need (well, I'm sure there is an upper limit but you won't likely reach it) and you could create one for your kids soccer practice for instance. The choice is up to you as to when to create a new calendar.

Personally, I only have one calendar. This is a personal choice and it works for me but everybody's need is different.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 9:09 AM in response to fjrg

One uses multiple calendars to group related events. For instance, one could have a calendar for work-related events, while having a home calendar for home-related events. The nice thing about having separate calendars is that they are shown in different colors which makes it easy to see what an event is related to. Another nice feature is that you can uncheck some of the calendars if you don't want to see them for a while, such as turning off the work calendar when you go on vacations.

You can create as many calendar as you need (well, I'm sure there is an upper limit but you won't likely reach it) and you could create one for your kids soccer practice for instance. The choice is up to you as to when to create a new calendar.

Personally, I only have one calendar. This is a personal choice and it works for me but everybody's need is different.

Jul 11, 2021 6:13 AM in response to 6x6

Many, many thanks for your response!

I, like you, would prefer to have a single calendar which contains only my preferred dates.

I believe that I have “unchecked” the calendar settings which were adding duplicate/triplicate events to various dates.

Once again, I appreciate your response and input!!

multiple iPhone calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.