Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to iCloud as already signed in

I'm struggling to sign in to iCloud in System Preferences on my Mac. Every time I try I get a message saying that my account is already signed in to iCloud and "To use this Apple ID as your primary iCloud account, delete it from Internet Accounts and sign in again."

But when I open Internet Accounts I find there are no accounts added. I don't have my iCloud account set up with Mail but my 4 other Gmail addresses are all set up there and syncing properly even though they don't appear in internet accounts or in Mail preferences under "accounts".

I've tried restarting and safe booting neither of which make any difference.

On iPhone or iPad everything ok

In iTunes on this mac everything ok with Apple Music account too

iMac 2012 with Mojave

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 8:47 AM

10 replies

Jul 13, 2021 3:20 AM in response to Alexander Khuhlin

Sign out devices like iPhone / iPad from this Mac ( they must not be synced ) Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

You have signed out Apple ID from Mac system preferences .

Again open system preferences > iCloud the Apple ID icon doesn’t not exist , click on sign in .

It will prompt to enter Apple ID , click on next and password , again click on next , a red notification will appear over the system preferences , and the icon starts bouncing .

Enter the admin password and click on ok .

It will prompt to enter Apple ID , click on next and password , again click on next , a red notification will appear over the system preferences , and the icon starts bouncing .

Again enter the admin password and click on ok .

A small circle will be rotating in front of Apple ID field .

It will prompt to merge contacts , calendars …click on merge .

Click on allow .

In front of iCloud Drive - options check the box of desktops and documents a small circle will rotate , setting up and finally the box will get checked .

The box of keychain is unchecked , tap the box it will be semi greyed for a short while but get checked completely in few moments .

Open internet accounts and add the iCloud account / gmail accounts .

Use your Internet accounts on Mac - Apple Supporthttps://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh35565/mac

Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › en-in › guide › mac-help › mac

Add an internet account - Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › guide › mac-help › mac

Jul 13, 2021 2:02 AM in response to tygb

No, I didn't start deleting my account and didn't do anything with it. I have two factor authentication plus rescue mail and everything else.

Below are screenshots of the windows of mail accounts and icloud.

A the same time, everything is fine in iTunes on this Mac, I can log in to the My Music account and store.

On the iPad and iPhone with mail and icloud accounts everything fine too.

I tried to log in with a different account - everything is the same.

Jul 13, 2021 12:51 AM in response to Alexander Khuhlin

Have you started a process of deleting apple id from server ? how is account set with two factor authentication or with secondary authentication ( in which three answers for security questions , date of birth , rescue mail is added ) .

Is iCloud account dimmed or inactive in internet account , can you post a screen shot of it , hide your mail address .

Can't sign in to iCloud as already signed in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.