Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot deregister my number from old iphone because it broke down but now i cannot use iMessage on my new phone using the same number. What should i do

I cannot use iMessage on my new phone because it still register to my old iphone. But i cannot deregister in mu old iphone because it’s already broke down

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 9:34 AM

If you are using the same number on a new phone, there is no need to deregister your number from iMessage. Simply set up the new phone with the same Apple ID as the old phone and same number.

See this link about issues signing into iMessage --> If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 9:34 AM in response to harisah176

If you are using the same number on a new phone, there is no need to deregister your number from iMessage. Simply set up the new phone with the same Apple ID as the old phone and same number.

See this link about issues signing into iMessage --> If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Cannot deregister my number from old iphone because it broke down but now i cannot use iMessage on my new phone using the same number. What should i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.