Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No current HomePod software version is displayed

When I tap HomePod software update, the resulting dialog does not show the current software version, just that all accessories are up to date. Where is the current version shown?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 1:36 PM

I’m using my iPad so it looks a little different on the phone. Your HomePod might be in the assigned room or in favourites in the Home Screen when first launched. You’re needing to long press on the HomePod icon in the home app. Not the little home icon. I’ve circled in red:

Then you will see the version at the bottom:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 1:36 PM in response to scott_boydman

I’m using my iPad so it looks a little different on the phone. Your HomePod might be in the assigned room or in favourites in the Home Screen when first launched. You’re needing to long press on the HomePod icon in the home app. Not the little home icon. I’ve circled in red:

Then you will see the version at the bottom:

Jul 10, 2021 10:39 AM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you!

on my iPhone 12 running iOS 14.6, I have launched the Home App. On the screen, there are 2 “Home” icons. One is a “Tab” on the bottom right. As expected, a long-press on this icon shows no effect. The other “Home” icon (the one I’m sure to which you were referring) is pressed to reveal various settings. Whether I regular-press (tap) or long-press, I seem to enter the same settings screen. In either event, I then select the “Home Settings” Gear icon. Scrolling to the bottom, I only see the “Remove Home” button. The is no version information displayed.

Jul 10, 2021 7:41 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you!

I was used to seeing the version displayed with the Software Update box in prior iOS versions, so I missed that it was the long press of the HomePod that was required. When I tried that and scrolled down, the version information was still not displayed…until I ungrouped the Stereo Pair — the the information appeared for each HomePod — and O discovered that mine were both running 14.6 and neither was “bricked”. Boy, that was a close call! Thanks again!

No current HomePod software version is displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.