Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change notification email address in Apple ID

2021 Would like to change the notification email so I can reset my username that is not connected to anything for ten years. I was so glad to finally see I could change it. Now I get a "can't be the same as notification email" so I'm asking since that hurdle and hoop is hidden. Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 1:55 PM

Sign into your Apple ID to remove the Notification email address.

Apple ID - Manage    

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 1:55 PM in response to TuckerdogAVL

Sign into your Apple ID to remove the Notification email address.

Apple ID - Manage    

Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Change notification email address in Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.