Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to for an iPhone to be hacked?

Is it possible to for an iPhone to be hacked? How will I know? How can I take measures to protect against this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 3:24 PM

The chances of your iPhone getting hacked are next to zero. Now, if your iPhone is jailbroken then the chances of your iPhone getting hacked are high. The other thing to note is that your Apple ID can get compromised through fishing emails or texts with fake links that will try and get the user to input their Apple ID and Password. The perpetrator then captures those credentials from the fake website and uses the information for his/her own use. Compromised Apple ID and Password is more common than outright hacking of an iPhone.

If you suspect that your Apple ID and Password has been compromised then change your password right away.

Here is more information on All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 3:24 PM in response to Concernforhack

The chances of your iPhone getting hacked are next to zero. Now, if your iPhone is jailbroken then the chances of your iPhone getting hacked are high. The other thing to note is that your Apple ID can get compromised through fishing emails or texts with fake links that will try and get the user to input their Apple ID and Password. The perpetrator then captures those credentials from the fake website and uses the information for his/her own use. Compromised Apple ID and Password is more common than outright hacking of an iPhone.

If you suspect that your Apple ID and Password has been compromised then change your password right away.

Here is more information on All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to ➔ Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

Jul 10, 2021 4:44 PM in response to Axel Foley

How do I know if it was jailbroken? This all arose because my Facebook account was hacked. I never use Facebook on anything other than my phone, so I was worried they hacked into my phone somehow. I have already changed my bank account and credit card passwords, and got identity theft protection. I just don't want to enter my passwords into my phone if they can be accessed by this hacker. I hope this makes sense.

Jul 10, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Concernforhack

More than likely your iPhone is NOT Jailbroken. You would have to either Jailbreak it yourself or hand the iPhone in someone’s hands for a period of time so that the Jailbreak can be performed.

Here is how you can tell whether your iPhone has been Jailbroken-

1. Cydia or Sileo are installed: One way to confirm if your iPhone is jailbroken is to look for an app called either “Cydia” or “Sileo”. These apps are in fact third-party app stores that are usually installed during the jailbreak process. However, it is also important to note that on a jailbroken device, any app icon (e.g. Cydia/Sileo) can be made invisible to the user so it is not a fool-proof method of detection.

2. Other unusual apps: It is also important to check for any other unusual apps that have appeared on your home screen that you haven’t downloaded yourself. Many jailbreak tools include a launcher app which can be run to re-jailbreak the device if the jailbreak has been removed. An example of one of these apps is “checkra1n” which is often installed alongside one of the most popular jailbreaks. If you find an app that you’re not sure about, you should try Googling its name and it should tell you if it’s related to a jailbreak tool.

In my opinion, I believe that your FaceBook credentials may have been compromised through a scam email / website or Phishing. I understand that this experience can be scary and you must feel violated. I am glad you took the precautions to protect your passwords.

The one thing that you must do (if you have not done so already) is to change your Apple ID Password. Change the password and that will protect the information attached to your Apple ID. You should be good once that is completed.

Axel F.

Is it possible to for an iPhone to be hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.