Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gold stainless series 6 40 MM in GPS only?

Hi there - I am looking to buy the new Series 6 apple watch and wanted to get the gold stainless steel case in 40 mm but only need GPS not cellular. I can't find that option. Does anyone know if this exists or I have to get GPS + cellular if I want gold stainless steel?

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 4:00 PM

The Stainless Steel models all include a cellular radio, but you do Not need to activate it. When the cellular radio is not activated, then it will behave as a GPS only Apple Watch, which can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

If at a later day, you want to activate the cellular radio you can do that.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 4:00 PM in response to gwotherspoon

The Stainless Steel models all include a cellular radio, but you do Not need to activate it. When the cellular radio is not activated, then it will behave as a GPS only Apple Watch, which can do Everything the Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

If at a later day, you want to activate the cellular radio you can do that.

gold stainless series 6 40 MM in GPS only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.