Related Article: Make purchases using Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost a phone and found the phone but apple pay does not work at all

I lost the phone before and used the icloud to report my iphone lost. Then someone picked the phone and returned back to me I logged on my iphone, it seems everything is working but apple pay seems not functioning properly. Please kindly advise.

Thank you.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 10:42 PM

sunshing-001 Said:

"Lost a phone and found the phone but apple pay does not work at all: I lost the phone before and used the icloud to report my iphone lost. Then someone picked the phone and returned back to me I logged on my iphone, it seems everything is working but apple pay seems not functioning properly. Please kindly advise. Thank you."

-------

Please Clarify:

In what way does it seem not to be working?

Fixing the Method of Payment:

Note that you need to have at least one Method of Payment assigned to your Apple ID. So, add a new method, and then remove the current one. The person handing it over may have removed it from your iPhone.

Perform the Following:

1. Go Here: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: How to change your payment method on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  3. Proceed from there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 10:42 PM in response to sunshing-001

sunshing-001 Said:

"Lost a phone and found the phone but apple pay does not work at all: I lost the phone before and used the icloud to report my iphone lost. Then someone picked the phone and returned back to me I logged on my iphone, it seems everything is working but apple pay seems not functioning properly. Please kindly advise. Thank you."

-------

Please Clarify:

In what way does it seem not to be working?

Fixing the Method of Payment:

Note that you need to have at least one Method of Payment assigned to your Apple ID. So, add a new method, and then remove the current one. The person handing it over may have removed it from your iPhone.

Perform the Following:

1. Go Here: Change, Add, or Remove Apple ID Payment Methods - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: How to change your payment method on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

Lost a phone and found the phone but apple pay does not work at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.