Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech MX Keys (Spanish ISO) stuck at ANSI

Hey all,

I bought a MacBook Pro 13 M1, and I have a Logitech MX Keys keyboard in Spanish (Latin America) ISO layout, but for some reason, I can't change its settings and appears to have an ANSI layout.

The first time I connected the keyboard, it showed me the option to choose between ISO or ANSI, and although I chose ISO, it seems to be stuck in ANSI.

When im in System Preferences -> Keyboard and I press a key in the integrated keyboard (Also Spanish - Latin America ISO) it shows the correct layout:

But as soon as I press a key in the Logitech MX Keys, it changes the layout at what it appears to be ANSI (and therefore I can't type correctly using the Logitech MX Keys)

I have tried several restarts, but it seems that the problem persist.

Any help would be great!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 6:13 AM

smsqra wrote:

Hi Tom,

The key to the left of 1 types "|" also.

This is my physical keyboard.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/8b9df398-b2ee-44b9-b499-2ad23eb068a3

As you can see, the "@" symbol should be a combination of "OPT+2" but those keys show "“" instead.
If I were to type "@" I need to press "OPT+Q"

In fact, to type "<" or ">" I have to press "OPT+," and "OPT+." (comma and period).

You physical keyboard is Spanish ISO, but you have your input source set to Latin America. That is one reason why the printing does not match the output. Remove Latin America and set Spanish ISO as your input source and see if things improve.

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 6:13 AM in response to smsqra

smsqra wrote:

Hi Tom,

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/8b9df398-b2ee-44b9-b499-2ad23eb068a3

As you can see, the "@" symbol should be a combination of "OPT+2" but those keys show "“" instead.

In fact, to type "<" or ">" I have to press "OPT+," and "OPT+." (comma and period).

You physical keyboard is Spanish ISO, but you have your input source set to Latin America. That is one reason why the printing does not match the output. Remove Latin America and set Spanish ISO as your input source and see if things improve.

Jul 13, 2021 5:28 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom,

Ive tried searching for a layout that closely resembles the keystrokes being "translated" by the computer but can't find any.

For your information: I had this keyboard with a windows PC and had no problems with its layout (ie: all letter/symbols typed corresponded to the pressed keys).

Jul 13, 2021 7:00 AM in response to smsqra

smsqra wrote: Do you know if there's a way to change input source automatically? Something by the lines of "if I press the integrated keyboard it picks Latin America, and if I press the Logitech keyboard it picks Spanish ISO"?

I think the app Karabiner may be able to do that, but I don't know the details.

If you have the two input sources on your list, you can switch between them via Control Space or the Fn/Globe key (though the latter is unreliable for some users).

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/type-language-mac-input-sources-mchlp1406/11.0/mac/11.0

Jul 12, 2021 7:30 PM in response to Johnb-one

Hi John,

Yeah, I tried the link before posting on the forum and unfortunately none of the proposed solutions worked.

Things I've tried to no avail:

• I tried connecting the keyboard through BT and configuring it.
  • Tried connecting it through the USB dongle and configuring it.
  • Tried restarting the MacBook and configuring the keyboard again (both BT and USB)
  • Tried running again the Keyboard Setup Assistant (for which I had to trash a file for it to run again)
  • Tried adding the keyboard through Logi Options
  • Tried unpairing/re-pairing from BT as well as USB Dongle (Unifying receiver)

The layout is still wrong and it won't type certain keys correctly (although 99% of them are correct)

Jul 12, 2021 9:10 AM in response to smsqra

Hi, smsqra, maybe I can help you. Try a reset smc/pmu

and zap the pram 3-4 times. Seeing as how you have a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip( and probably the T2 chip) , the procedure is a little diiferent. Here’s how to do that: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/reset-macs-smc-pram/.

keyboard setup can be found under system prefs—-> keyboard, and re-run keyboard setup

john b

Jul 12, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Johnb-one

Hi John, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, both procedures can't be done in the M1 MBP.

As the link you provided tells:

Regarding the SMC:

Reset the SMC on an M1 Mac
You don't need to reset the SMC on a MacBook or Mac Mini powered by Apple Silicon. In fact, you can't, because Apple's chip doesn't have a system management controller.
If you encounter any of the problems that you'd normally solve by resetting the SMC, some users have suggested that switching off your Mac for 30 seconds will do the trick, before restarting your computer.
But for the most part, you just don't need to worry about it.

Regarding the PRAM:

How to Reset the PRAM or NVRAM on a Mac
If you've got an M1 Mac then you don't need to reset the NVRAM. If it's needed, the process will happen automatically whenever you restart your computer.

Cant really know what else to do, as all over the internet mentions both PRAM/SMC but M1 Macs can't do it...

Jul 12, 2021 6:35 PM in response to smsqra

Ok… here’s the support page for this keyboard…

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360051303153-FAQ-Stub-MX-Keys-for-Mac

i don’t know how you the keyboard is connected to your Mac, bluetooth or usb( with included reciever) . This linked post may be helpful:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/255082/external-iso-keyboards-treated-as-ansi-since-macbook-pro-upgraded-to-macos-sierra

.. basically you’d have to run keyboard assistant again( which should be under system preferences) and set it up, this time picking the type of keyboard you want. If you were using Bluetooth, go to the Bluetooth menu, click on the cog for options, find the Logitech MX keyboard and forget it( “un-pair”) it . Then turn it off, restart your Mac, and using a wired keyboard, login to your Mac… go to the Bluetooth menu.. turn on your keyboard( the Logitech MX and follow the instructions to “re-pair” it with your Mac… add BT device( keyboard) the Logitech MX should show up, pick it and follow the instructions and run Keyboard Setup Assistant… please note, logitech has said that the software for this keyboard does mostly work in big Sur… logitech options does for sure… logitech control centre… sorta.. the firmware update tool… yes… unifying, yes..solar… yes… hmmm.. apparently you have to use Logitech Options software for setup… under ‘add unifying device’ So you may be able to do a ‘remove unifying device’

sorry, i’m grasping at straws here…

jb

Jul 13, 2021 6:30 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom!

Yes! This solved my problem!

Many thanks.

Do you know if there's a way to change input source automatically? Something by the lines of "if I press the integrated keyboard it picks Latin America, and if I press the Logitech keyboard it picks Spanish ISO"?

I know it may be a long shot, but it will be the cherry on top of this solution :)

Anyways, thanks again for your help & time!

Logitech MX Keys (Spanish ISO) stuck at ANSI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.