Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music

How do i delete a song from a playlist without deleting it from my library?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 7:32 AM

Tjimmy,

Try selecting your desired playlist then clicking the 3 dots on the upper right corner, then you'll select 'Edit', each song will appear with a red circle with a minus sign on the left and 3 horizontal lines to the right. Once you select the red circle with the minus sign it will remove from the playlist but not the Library. Make sure you click on the 'Done' button on the upper right corner to save changes.

Take Care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 7:32 AM in response to Tjimmy

Tjimmy,

Try selecting your desired playlist then clicking the 3 dots on the upper right corner, then you'll select 'Edit', each song will appear with a red circle with a minus sign on the left and 3 horizontal lines to the right. Once you select the red circle with the minus sign it will remove from the playlist but not the Library. Make sure you click on the 'Done' button on the upper right corner to save changes.

Take Care!

Jul 12, 2021 3:23 PM in response to bailier

I DO NOT want to delete songs from my library on my iPad or iPhone. I want to remove songs from a playlist WITHOUT removing them from my library. When I swipe left on the song I want to remove from the playlist I get the Red Garbage can, which then removes the song from my library.

When I click on the 3 dots to the right of a song in my playlist, select REMOVE, I get 2 choices: 1, Remove Download, 2. Delete From Library. The note above the choices days, “This song has been downloaded to this iPad. Do you want to delete it from your library, or remove the download from this iPad?”

I DO NOT WANT TO DO EITHER. I just want to remove it from my PLAYLIST.

This is something new. I used to swipe left and the song would be removed from the PLAYLIST ONLY. Now it deletes it from my Playlist AND my Library. I went to support and they said I could go to iTunes for Windows and recover the song to my library. I’ve also found I can go to the bottom of iTunes Music, click on my Apple ID, click on View Apple ID, Hidden Purchases and ú hide them which brings them back to my library.

Why is Apple making this so much harder?

Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.