Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Listens to Current Command but Executes Last Command

Using Philips Hue bulbs and bridge.

At some point, I noticed I had to tell Siri twice to successfully turn light on and off. I figured it could be my pronounciation. Then, I did some troubleshooting and saw this.

So, Siri DOES listen correctly to my command, but EXECUTES my LAST command. Even funnier thing is that it seems to work correctly if I insert a non-light related commmand (like weather) in between, there is no issue. But I just can't do two consecuritve light commands at once.

chose homepod as topic but it really is about siri.

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 12:44 AM

So Apple was able to help me resolve this issue. This is due to a glitch in the network connection set by Home app, and can be solved with a network reset.

On any iOS device on the same Wifi network with same Apple ID, Go to Setting -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Setting.

Then worked like a charm.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 12:44 AM in response to dcloverick

So Apple was able to help me resolve this issue. This is due to a glitch in the network connection set by Home app, and can be solved with a network reset.

On any iOS device on the same Wifi network with same Apple ID, Go to Setting -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Setting.

Then worked like a charm.

Siri Listens to Current Command but Executes Last Command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.