Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad iOS version 14 Battery Drain Fix?

Since updating iOS version 14 my iPad battery drains very fast and battery usage function won’t show up at all. I’ve read a lot of other complaints regarding this issue and would like to know if Apple is working on a fix and when will it be released?!

thx

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 4:42 AM

As a first step, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 4:42 AM in response to corleypr

As a first step, try a forced-restart of your iPad - as doing so will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Jul 13, 2021 4:38 AM in response to markwmsn

Thank you for explaining the community discussion membership. I’ve never used this before. I’m going to Settings, Battery, and where it says ‘you’ll see battery usage here…’ nothing shows up. It used to.

I don’t recall when last iOS update was, but I’ll give it a little more time and see if it resolves, or is looked at by Apple.

thank you markwmsn!

iPad iOS version 14 Battery Drain Fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.