Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server responds with error, only Birthdays calendar appears

I am part of the MobileMe Calendar Beta. I just tried to open iCal on my iMac, however, and received this message: "The server responded with an error. The server did not recognize your user name or password for account “[my account name].” Make sure you enter them correctly."

And only my Birthdays calendar appears in iCal (which is synced to my Address Book), none of my other ones do. Everything looks fine with my MobileMe login though in System Preferences. Temo S. at MobileMe chat support was of no help in fixing this problem, telling me "Since this is a Beta release we do not troubleshoot it directly. Please provide feedback at the link." Fabulous.

MacBook Pro, 2.56 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD; iMac, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 3Gs; AppleTV; PowerBook G4

Posted on Aug 2, 2010 6:59 AM

8 replies

Aug 2, 2010 1:10 PM in response to The Zach

I also was using MobileMe beta. I lost ALL of my calendars on my MacBook, am greeted by "The server did not recognize your user name or password for account 'xxxxxxx@me.com.' Make sure you enter them correctly."

Now I need to find a backup of my calendars since I rely on them to run my business. I have since canceled the beta version, need an option of keeping my calendars computer (vs. 'cloud')-based.

This is not good.

Jan Georgen

Aug 3, 2010 2:39 AM in response to pwanda

Ok I solved this for myself by

1. Changing the preferences in iCal which had lost my password for the "push" data etc. Go to iCal in the menu bar then preferences. and make sure your mobileme username and password are present.

In the process I also did some basic maintenance as I started trying to use the excellent fruux (free sync tool) and repaired permissions and did some keychain first aid to help my passowords.

Now it all works fine

Server responds with error, only Birthdays calendar appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.