Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Server responds with error, only Birthdays calendar appears

5442 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2010 7:58 AM by sneirbo2k7 RSS
The Zach Level 2 Level 2 (380 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 2, 2010 6:59 AM
I am part of the MobileMe Calendar Beta. I just tried to open iCal on my iMac, however, and received this message: "The server responded with an error. The server did not recognize your user name or password for account “[my account name].” Make sure you enter them correctly."

And only my Birthdays calendar appears in iCal (which is synced to my Address Book), none of my other ones do. Everything looks fine with my MobileMe login though in System Preferences. Temo S. at MobileMe chat support was of no help in fixing this problem, telling me "Since this is a Beta release we do not troubleshoot it directly. Please provide feedback at the link." Fabulous.
MacBook Pro, 2.56 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB HD; iMac, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 3Gs; AppleTV; PowerBook G4
  • Alejandro Dominguez Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I am having this EXACT same problem with a variation. I am also in the Beta program and it works splendid on all my other Macs except my Mini which has two users. The main user which I call Main works fine with the Beta but the one I call Mini does not. Same MobileMe account, username, and password. HELP!
    MacPro 8-Core, Mini, iPad, iMac G5, Macbook 2.1 gh, iMac 17 Intel, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Newton 100
  • Jan Georgen Calculating status...
    I also was using MobileMe beta. I lost ALL of my calendars on my MacBook, am greeted by "The server did not recognize your user name or password for account 'xxxxxxx@me.com.' Make sure you enter them correctly."

Now I need to find a backup of my calendars since I rely on them to run my business. I have since canceled the beta version, need an option of keeping my calendars computer (vs. 'cloud')-based.

This is not good.

Jan Georgen
    G4 Cube, Intel Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • macmend Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
    I too have this issue, on one macbook pro but not my iMac or MBA, all since I upgraded to Beta
    Macbook and others, Mac OS X (10.5.2), macmend.com - mac troubleshooting
  • pwanda Calculating status...
    Also having same problem on my new Macbook Pro.

My iMac and iPhone 4 seems to be synced properly. However, it is very disruptive to have the MBP NOT synced!

Please help Apple.
  • macmend Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
    Ok I solved this for myself by

1. Changing the preferences in iCal which had lost my password for the "push" data etc. Go to iCal in the menu bar then preferences. and make sure your mobileme username and password are present.

In the process I also did some basic maintenance as I started trying to use the excellent fruux (free sync tool) and repaired permissions and did some keychain first aid to help my passowords.

Now it all works fine
    Macbook Pro/iMac/MBA/mini, Mac OS X (10.6.4), macmend.com - mac troubleshooting
  • Alejandro Dominguez Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    SOLUTION #1: GO TO ~Library/Calendars/ and pretty much delete everything there, or

SOLUTION #2: in iCal/Preferences/Accounts select your MobileMe account and delete it using the little and then re-add it under MobileMe System Preferences. It worked for me in 2 seconds.
    MacPro 8-Core, iMac G5, Macbook 2.1 gh, iMac 17 Intel, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Newton 100
  • sneirbo2k7 Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
    Upgraded to iCal beta last night. No problems last night converting my iCal on my iMac, iPhone or iPad. this morning went to update iCal on my work MBP and got the server error problems. It was the missing password in the preferences screen. Added the pw and no probs now. THANKS macmend!
    iMac Intel (2.4GHz Core Duo 2), Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone, iPad

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.