Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max slider not working when answering calls on lock screen

Hello,

I am facing this issue where I cannot slide to answer calls using the slider on my iPhone XS Max lock screen. It seems that the slider is not able to detect the slide at all, although I can see the slide option showing just fine.

This is happening every time I try to answer calls when my iPhone is locked. Once unlocked, everything else seems just fine and sliding over the affected (on lock screen) area is just fine when the phone is unlocked.

Similarly cannot slide to power off, nor slide to SOS on lock screen. But the cancel button on the lock screen works just fine.

How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 9:10 AM

Oops, sorry about that, but I just don't know how to help you any further.

Last attempt: have you tried a "forced" restart of your XS (sometimes it can be successful), using these instructions?:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

Take care,

Giulio

11 replies

Jul 12, 2021 8:38 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi, thanks for your prompt response.

I already tried removing the screen protector, to no avail and, unfortunately, the authorized Apple service providers in my country are in a different city from where I live. Travel is not an option considering Covid-19 issues lately.

I also clean my screen regularly, per the guidelines in the link provided..

The problem is isolated to only when the screen is locked, and only when it comes to the sliding-to-answer calls/switch off the phone, so it definitely is not a physical/hardware problem.

Thanks..

iPhone XS Max slider not working when answering calls on lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.