You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep delivery from showing when I receive a message

How can I keep delivery report from showing on the other persons phone when I receive their text

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 7:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 1:39 PM

Hi there Justwondering77,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're asking how to prevent a delivery report from appearing on the recipient's device when you send a text message. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

When you send a message from your iPhone, you should see 'Delivered' below it in the Messages app. There isn't a way to prevent this from appearing. However, you can prevent people from being notified when you have read their messages by turning off 'Send Read Receipts' in Settings > Messages. Have a look at this link to learn more:

Set up Messages on iPhone

We hope this information is helpful. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2021 1:39 PM in response to Justwondering77

Hi there Justwondering77,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're asking how to prevent a delivery report from appearing on the recipient's device when you send a text message. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

When you send a message from your iPhone, you should see 'Delivered' below it in the Messages app. There isn't a way to prevent this from appearing. However, you can prevent people from being notified when you have read their messages by turning off 'Send Read Receipts' in Settings > Messages. Have a look at this link to learn more:

Set up Messages on iPhone

We hope this information is helpful. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

How to keep delivery from showing when I receive a message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.