Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Mini HDMI intermittent connection with ASUS 27" monitor

I've been all over the internet but can't seem to find a solution to why I get intermittent connection from the HDMI connection on my new Mac Mini to an older ASUS 27" monitor (model# VE276). It will work fine after boot up, but at some point, it will start flickering in an out of "HDMI No Signal" and then just stops working all together. I've tried different cables. I also have the monitor connecting via HDMI to a Dell desktop and that connection works flawlessly. Currently the Mac Mini is just an expensive paperweight.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 4:53 AM

I use an ASUS monitor at work on an older Mini and the ASUS monitor has issues syncing to the Mac when waking the Mini (or booting the Mini). Actually it has issues syncing to any computer and even switching inputs. It is very annoying. Another user just posted on these forums about a similar issue with their ASUS monitor when using HDMI. IIRC they ended up connecting the monitor using a Display Port connection which solved their problem.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2021 4:53 AM in response to drambuie_too

I use an ASUS monitor at work on an older Mini and the ASUS monitor has issues syncing to the Mac when waking the Mini (or booting the Mini). Actually it has issues syncing to any computer and even switching inputs. It is very annoying. Another user just posted on these forums about a similar issue with their ASUS monitor when using HDMI. IIRC they ended up connecting the monitor using a Display Port connection which solved their problem.

New Mac Mini HDMI intermittent connection with ASUS 27" monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.