Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding verizon email account

Cannot add verizon email account.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:46 AM

2 replies

Jul 14, 2021 8:21 AM in response to PatDonahue

Hello PatDonahue,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't add a Verizon email account to your iPhone.

For an issue like this, we'd recommend following: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

For using Verizon, this may be helpful: Apple iPhone - Add a Personal / Corporate Email Account

If the issue persists considering the above, please reply back and tell us more about what happens when you attempt to add the account. Any issues using the Verizon website to log in? Has it ever been set up on this iPhone in the past?

Wishing you the best, take care!

Jul 17, 2021 9:23 AM in response to PatDonahue

I have this question too. As of July, 2021, suddenly the email is not working as it should using the Apple Mail app on iPad. It had been functioning for years prior to this time.

Trying to assist my sister with this issue. Her VERIZON.NET acct has stopped functioning on iPad, while still working normally on her PC. Do you know the settings for re-establishing the mail acct? I deleted the account in iPad settings, and tried re-installing, but get the same error message.

Seems as if a specific port is required, plus how to set the PoP and/or SMTP?

We have not gotten a clear answer from Verizon.net (I know AOL.COM now handles Verizon.net accounts, and tried there too, but no luck, so decided to seek help here. )

If anyone knows correct settings for Verizon.net email, on iPhone or iPad, please share them here! 🙏🏻 Thanks so much.

adding verizon email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.