Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Geogebra widgets supported in Pages?

Does anyone know if Geogebra widgets canL be inserted into Pages in the way it worked in iBooks?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 5:40 PM

Well then in my 30+ years of product development I find it highly "speculative" that there has been no response from any Apple team on this matter. It is a major loss in transition to a forced platform lacking the functionality. Words do have meaning so forgive any offense. That was not my intention. At your level you know enough that "no response" after a year on this subject leads anyone to speculate it's not a priority and has little hope of being added any time soon or ever to Pages. This is the point that was made. Over a year ago I pleaded with the product team to look at the interactive widget because it was a major impact to long term users of Author. I stand by my statement that many Apple Author customers will loose trust over this and look for a better solution than Pages. I have ran my businesses on Apple platforms for decades and this is the first time I am forced to look hard at a stable environment after much investment.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 5:40 PM in response to VikingOSX

Well then in my 30+ years of product development I find it highly "speculative" that there has been no response from any Apple team on this matter. It is a major loss in transition to a forced platform lacking the functionality. Words do have meaning so forgive any offense. That was not my intention. At your level you know enough that "no response" after a year on this subject leads anyone to speculate it's not a priority and has little hope of being added any time soon or ever to Pages. This is the point that was made. Over a year ago I pleaded with the product team to look at the interactive widget because it was a major impact to long term users of Author. I stand by my statement that many Apple Author customers will loose trust over this and look for a better solution than Pages. I have ran my businesses on Apple platforms for decades and this is the first time I am forced to look hard at a stable environment after much investment.

Jul 14, 2021 7:08 PM in response to alphonsofromcape town

No and neither can any other interactive book widget. No one will respond to these questions either. Very Very frustrating.

In the short term I am using VMware Fusion and running OS Version 10.15.7 Catalina with iBook Author on it still so I can complete a few books with the interactive widgets embedded. But I am sure I will run into trouble when publishing to the stores going forward with these widgets. It totally looks as though there is no intention of building all Author functionality into Pages. If you do not need to publish your books for mass distribution then it is entirely possible to continue to create and export interactive books but you must keep your old OS and Author software to do so.

Jul 15, 2021 5:38 AM in response to smithdal

The Pages product team will not respond to posts here because they, like other Apple product teams, do not participate in these Google archived public posts. You will find that IBooks Author still works on macOS 11.4 — despite Apple originally indicating just Catalina. Neither you nor I know what plans the Pages product team has in store for Pages, so the term no intention may be speculative. with regard to future iBook Author feature intent.

Are Geogebra widgets supported in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.