Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS dropping app icons

My iPhone XS has now dropped two icons from the screen and I recently added a new app but the icon did not show up. All three apps appear in my Settings and I can open them by finding the app in the App Store. How do I get the icons to show up?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 3:00 PM

Thanks so much for following up.

We apologize if the previously shared article wasn't clear. You just need to move the apps back to the Home screen the same way you would move apps that are on the Home screen, which is described in more detail here: Move apps on the Home Screen on iPhone - Apple Support. Locate the app in the App Library, and follow these steps.

Best!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 3:00 PM in response to miksail

Thanks so much for following up.

We apologize if the previously shared article wasn't clear. You just need to move the apps back to the Home screen the same way you would move apps that are on the Home screen, which is described in more detail here: Move apps on the Home Screen on iPhone - Apple Support. Locate the app in the App Library, and follow these steps.

Best!

Jul 14, 2021 11:22 AM in response to miksail

Hey there, miksail!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities to get help with your iPhone Home screen layout. If we understand, you will add apps to the iPhone but they won't appear on your Home screen, or apps will disappear from it, even though you can search for and open them. You've come to the right place for some help!

It sounds like your apps are being added to your App Library, but not your Home screen. You can learn more about how the App Library functions, and how to get your apps to appear on your Home screens, here: Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support.

Have a wonderful day!

Jul 14, 2021 2:36 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

The steps are very interesting and I learned about the App Library for the first time, but I do not see anything that solves my problem.

There are three Apps in my App Library that I use on a regular basis. I am accustomed to accessing them on a Home screen but they no longer are visible on the Home screen.

How do I get an App that is visible in the App Library to also be visible on the Home screen?

iPhone XS dropping app icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.