Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App on iPad?

Does anyone lease find it odd that the Health App isn’t available on iPad?

I understand it’s not there as an iPad, in general terms, is not an ‘input device’; however as a dashboard or ‘manual entry interface’, would be a great feature.

I am on an intense health turnaround and use many of the data points. It’s frustrating for me that they can’t be seen on iPad.

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 8:49 PM

I too have thought it would be great to have the health app on my MacBook. Fortunately, Apple offers a feedback website where you can offer such suggestions as feature requests. Visit https://www.apple.com/feedback/ to start.

10 replies

Jul 14, 2021 6:39 AM in response to Ha66is

The Health App is not an element of iPadOS14 - and neither are other iPhone-only Apps such as Apple’s Calculator or Translate.

There are many native functions, features and Apps that are only available on one or other of the two related - but different - platforms. As for why Apple choose to make some Apps available to iOS for iPhone, these decisions are not shared by Apple.

If you have strong feelings about future inclusion of currently iPhone-only functionality, Apple invite constructive feedback and feature requests via their product feedback portal:

Product Feedback - Apple

Whilst you are unlikely to receive a reply, we understand that all feedback is reviewed, logged and forwarded to the appropriate team(s). If sufficient feedback about an issue is received, it is possible that your input may influence future design decisions and direction. If you don’t provide feedback using the portal designed for this very purpose, you can do nothing other than accept the platform as it is.

Aug 9, 2021 4:52 PM in response to Ha66is

ALL Apple product feedback, submitted/generated from all of those product feedback forms, is disseminated to all cognizant Apple product teams/employees.

A group of Apple employees DO read all product feedback submitted.

This is just one avenue Apple uses to determine product hardware and software issues with released products.

Lately, sometimes user feedback is responded to, but many time not, but is still read.

Apple DOES read ALL user feedback on their products, through the product feedback portion of the Apple Website.

Apple takes user feedback very seriously through those product feedback pages.

Speaking from my own personal experiences and my own limited questioning and knowledge gleaned from the Apple moderating staff here.

Aug 9, 2021 8:35 PM in response to Ha66is

Since no real Watch connectivity with iPad, Apple appears to feel the Health app is, basically, worthless as it would just a Health “read-only” app and not very useful on iPad.

Apple would really need to have the Health app on iPhone, sync over iCloud or Bluetooth to a Health app on iPad for the Health app to be truly useful on an iPad.

Not sure why Apple would not pursue this avenue with iPad, but Apple can be stubborn.

It took years for Apple to put lot better cameras on iPads, implement Pencil support across all new iPad models, allow mice/trackpad support, external drive support, etc..

Apple seems to be slow in getting user requested features into their products.

Aug 9, 2021 8:44 PM in response to MichelPM

I am not a developer, nor do I have any knowledge of how this would work in practical terms.

All of the data is in the Cloud anyway. Surely harvesting it and curating it in another format device isn’t too much?

Wearables and now IOT/ Edge mean that this data is becoming valuable (even more than before). I am 53, and love (what appears to be) IOS15 Health enhancements, being able to read it on iPad would be a massive feature enhancement. My age relevant as, thee tends to be things that need more attention as we get older.

Health App on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.