Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Large mileage blocks being logged every night in health app since 7/6/21 without any movement

Why does the health app log 9.9 miles every night between 10-11pm MT? My phone has been doing this since July 6 and I’m not sure why. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to make it stop ?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 9:21 PM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2021 4:10 PM in response to Akb318

Hello Akb318!

Looks like you are running into some trouble with your device logging inaccurately. We want to help! First try updating that device to the latest iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you are using an Apple Watch as well, you may want to calibrate that device: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy.

Take care!

Jul 14, 2021 7:56 PM in response to Akb318

Aliens? Sleepwalking?

Try looking at all of your data (scroll down to the bottom) distances should be listed by date. If you select any individual day you might find some insight into what is happening when distance is updated. When you see the large increase, select it and review the source. I used to have an external sensor that would sync each time it connected to the phone (every hour). That might let you know, at the very least, the cause of the erroneous data. Unless it is aliens.

Large mileage blocks being logged every night in health app since 7/6/21 without any movement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.