Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (Server)

Hi,

Is "Mac Mini Server" the same with "Mac Mini in hardware only different in OS X SL (/server)?

If I recall correctly, Mac Mini is for entry level, for people to switch to Mac.

So what can I do with the "Mac Mini Server"? What makes Mac Mini Server different with iMac or Mac Pro?

BTW, how do I use Mac Mini Server?

Ed

iMac(Intel, 2009 early), MBP 17"(2010 Spring), Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 2, 2010 7:36 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2010 8:19 AM in response to JhnD

These are things that you can easily determine for yourself by going through the iMac, Mac mini and Mac Pro pages at www.apple .com. Asking folks here to do your work of researching the differences is not cool.

If you are not aware of what a server is, then it is most likely something that you do not need.

As you will see by studying the Mac mini pages at apple.com, the mini has 1 HDD and 1 ODD, while the mini Server has 2 HDDs and 0 ODD. The mini comes with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard client installed and the Server has Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server installed.

User uploaded file
Dah•veed

User uploaded file

Aug 2, 2010 6:14 PM in response to Dah•veed

David.Austin.Allen wrote:
...> If you are not aware of what a server is, then it is most likely something that you do not need....

I hope it doesn't sound harsh, but I have to agree.

The standard Mini is a fine machine with enough horsepower and you can easily add as much external storage as you like, via firewire (or the less desirable USB).

Mac Mini (Server)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.