Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing print icon/no option to print

My new iPhone SE is running iOS 14.6 but having followed all the advice to '..scroll down and Edit Actions..' Or to '..scroll across, press the 3 dots..' (even in the Files App) there is no print icon.

I've had this before and I swear Apple cost forgot it (!), as after a new upgrade, I've done all the scrolling and found it. But not this time.... it's no where and it's hampering my enjoyment !!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 3:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:42 AM

Well I had a iPhone 6S (last week) and that could print to my printer, so the answer must be yes. However, I literally do not have any 'print' icons in any of the apps I've got on my iPhone SE phone - including File App. On my last phone, the 'print' icon was there and it connected up with my printer no problem but now .....nothing & I can't understand what's happened.

Thanks for trying to help. Really appreciated.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 6:42 AM in response to ckuan

Well I had a iPhone 6S (last week) and that could print to my printer, so the answer must be yes. However, I literally do not have any 'print' icons in any of the apps I've got on my iPhone SE phone - including File App. On my last phone, the 'print' icon was there and it connected up with my printer no problem but now .....nothing & I can't understand what's happened.

Thanks for trying to help. Really appreciated.

Jul 14, 2021 8:10 AM in response to JohnCB32

Hi,

Is there a remote possibility that the iPhone 6s had an app from the printer manufacturer? This would in some cases allow an iPhone to print even to a non-AirPrint printer. Also, not all applications support AirPrint-printing. Any information about the exact printer model?

For AirPrint, the iPhone and the printer must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). Sometimes, it helps to do the following: Power off the router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Jul 15, 2021 1:15 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Jan, thanks for persisting trying to help!

I am certain my old IPhone had no extra printing apps. I can’t get a clear answer as to whether my (HP) printer supports AirPrint. However, two things make me think it does:

1) it’s the same printer my old iPhone printed to and I recall the way the printing icon etc., interfaced with apps on my phone; and

2) using Safari on my new iPhone I can log onto the printer using the IP address and print off a test page, without using any other apps.

the printer and phone are on the same network, I’ve restarted them both endlessly and am baffled that I don’t even see a print icon anywhere, in any app!!

I’ve now downloaded the HP Smart app, which integrates into the iPhone’s Files App, so at least I can print some (most) stuff out that I need to.

I am expecting it to correct itself after the next IOS update, which is what I think has happened in the past. But it’s n it what I expect from Apple.

My thanks to you again.

Jul 27, 2021 10:57 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Our iphones (8plus) running iOS 14.7.1 do not allow printing from a few apps. We do not see

“Print a document”

Tap , or  we can air print emails, notes, pdfs, and from other apps but when attempting to print from the Publix app the above choices are not offered, only share, sort, clear or manage ate offered. Publix stated to touch the ••• to enable printing but print is not offered. Any ideas?

Missing print icon/no option to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.