Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can an iPhone SE (1st gen) output audio through the lightning port instead of the 3.5mm?

Hi, I'd like to find out the answer to this because my iPhone SE's (1st gen) 3.5mm socket does not hold cables well anymore, they fall out very easily. Is it possible to choose the lightning port for listening to music, like you can with newer iPhones?

More context: I purchased an external DAC which has only one input, digital USB 3.0 B. The included cable is USB 3.0 B (male) to USB 3.0 A (male). I then purchased a lightning to USB A (female) cable in the hope to use my phone's lightning port with this DAC, but it isn't working. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 10:30 AM

Yes. When you connect a lightning to 3.5mm adapter or a set of Lightning headphones it will automatically switch to that for audio output.

link-> Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter - Apple

link-> EarPods with Lightning Connector - Apple

1 reply

Can an iPhone SE (1st gen) output audio through the lightning port instead of the 3.5mm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.