Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery of Apple ID password

It’s been over 4 months now since I can’t change my password. I don’t remember the password that I created since 2019. I’ve been submitting my request to change it through Apple support but every time the date comes I don’t get a call or text from them.

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 11:25 AM

Do not download content, purchase content, try to sign in or change your password again when in account recovery on any device using the Apple ID because if you do it stops account recovery thinking you figured it out and no longer need it.

Also, account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. This phase says Apple is evaluating your info and you’ll get an update after the posted time is over (people mistakenly think it means they’ll be able to reset the password immediately after this first phase.)

Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where https://iforgot.apple.com/ will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately as the link does expire.

You’ll need to try account recovery at least once more knowing this info. If you still don’t get a text at the time phase two tells you you’ll then need to call (not chat) Apple further.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 11:25 AM in response to samval07

Do not download content, purchase content, try to sign in or change your password again when in account recovery on any device using the Apple ID because if you do it stops account recovery thinking you figured it out and no longer need it.

Also, account recovery is a two phase process once started. Phase 1 is the evaluation period, usually 24-48 hours but can be longer or shorter. This phase says Apple is evaluating your info and you’ll get an update after the posted time is over (people mistakenly think it means they’ll be able to reset the password immediately after this first phase.)

Once phase 1 is done it enters phase 2 where https://iforgot.apple.com/ will give you the final amount of days (can be weeks) you’ll wait. On that final day you’ll get a text, follow that text immediately as the link does expire.

You’ll need to try account recovery at least once more knowing this info. If you still don’t get a text at the time phase two tells you you’ll then need to call (not chat) Apple further.

recovery of Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.