Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reinstall "Living Earth" .ipa back onto iPad iOS 5.1.1

I am using:

iOS 5.1.1

OSX 10.13.3

iTunes 12.6.5.3

Recently i deleted an iOS app "Living Earth" from my iPad original generation 1 running iOS 5.1.1.

I have the .ipa file but apple deleted the ability to revert to previous app versions.

How can I reinstall that app?

Thanks.

iPad

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 9:15 PM

With your 2010 iPad connected to the computer and that version of iTunes being able to save the actual app,

If you still have the original Living Earth .ipa app file, for that year and model iPad and iOS version, and still using iTunes 12.6.5.3, you should be able to drag that Living Earth.ipa file into iTunes and then drag that app over to where your 2010 iPad is listed in the sidebar of iTunes and it should load onto that iPad.

If that .ipa file is a newer file that is NOT compatible with that old iPad, then there is nothing more to be done.

All older third party apps for iOS 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all pretty much non-existent and gone,,today.

Both Apple and third party developers have removed all these older apps from Apple’s iOS App Store servers.

There is NO way, today, to get any older apps for these 7-11-year old devices, today.

''

Sorry.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 9:15 PM in response to dgd

With your 2010 iPad connected to the computer and that version of iTunes being able to save the actual app,

If you still have the original Living Earth .ipa app file, for that year and model iPad and iOS version, and still using iTunes 12.6.5.3, you should be able to drag that Living Earth.ipa file into iTunes and then drag that app over to where your 2010 iPad is listed in the sidebar of iTunes and it should load onto that iPad.

If that .ipa file is a newer file that is NOT compatible with that old iPad, then there is nothing more to be done.

All older third party apps for iOS 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are all pretty much non-existent and gone,,today.

Both Apple and third party developers have removed all these older apps from Apple’s iOS App Store servers.

There is NO way, today, to get any older apps for these 7-11-year old devices, today.

''

Sorry.

Jul 16, 2021 12:09 PM in response to MichelPM

this worked, thank you!

"With your 2010 iPad connected to the computer and that version of iTunes being able to save the actual app,

If you still have the original Living Earth .ipa app file, for that year and model iPad and iOS version, and still using iTunes 12.6.5.3, you should be able to drag that Living Earth.ipa file into iTunes and then drag that app over to where your 2010 iPad is listed in the sidebar of iTunes and it should load onto that iPad."

I tested and found that the "Living Earth 2.10.ipa" is the file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.