Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I take my IPad Pro 12.9 - 2015 for a new charging port? I live in Plano TX.

Where can I take my IPad Pro 12.9 - 2015 for a new charging port? I live in Plano TX.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 8:32 PM

Hello Bmford50,

I am assuming you are no longer covered by Apple Care or warranty in that case this is the most relevant for you. Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

Your model seems to still have parts offered for repair. This outlines Apple’s iPad repair options. iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 8:32 PM in response to Bmford50

Hello Bmford50,

I am assuming you are no longer covered by Apple Care or warranty in that case this is the most relevant for you. Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

Your model seems to still have parts offered for repair. This outlines Apple’s iPad repair options. iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Jul 14, 2021 8:51 PM in response to Bmford50

Apple Stores DO NOT repair iPads and only offer in/out of warranty device replacements.

Apple authourised resellers and/or repair centers MAY offer a repair.

Either way, this iPad is 5/6 years old and costs for a replacement device WILL be very expensive ( at approx. 60% of that iPad Pro’s original price ) and a repair of the Lightning port maybe just as expensive.

It's 2021 now!

It maybe time for you to really seriously consider a purchase of a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished or used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, some locally or from online, on the Web/Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are some less expensive, newer, older iPad Pro models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Get the largest internal data storage model you can afford as NO Apple iOS device has expandable storage.

I am sorry that you had to learn all of this, but this does not change any of the facts regarding these very old iOS devices.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.