Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange marks on apple pencil 2 nd generation

It's been 3 months since I am using apple pencil with my iPad Air 4,my pencil has got strange black marks on it, are these sign of any damage?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 1:24 AM

The tiny marks are the (magnetic) contact-points where the pencil touches the chassis of the iPad.

Any environmental dust or dirt particles present on the Pencil or iPad can embed themselves in the softer material of the Pencil housing. The physical contact points are obviously on the flat surface of the Pencil - in time, the [now] embedded surface contamination becomes visible against the white surface.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 1:24 AM in response to Suraj_1601

The tiny marks are the (magnetic) contact-points where the pencil touches the chassis of the iPad.

Any environmental dust or dirt particles present on the Pencil or iPad can embed themselves in the softer material of the Pencil housing. The physical contact points are obviously on the flat surface of the Pencil - in time, the [now] embedded surface contamination becomes visible against the white surface.

Jul 16, 2021 6:13 AM in response to Suraj_1601

Insofar as others have reported similar marks appearing on their Pencil, yes, this is not unknown. The marks/blemishes appear to affect the cosmetic finish - and not functionality. As for being “normal”, this is perhaps not something that anyone here can answer with authority.

If you are concerned, you would be well advised to seek assistance from Apple Support. The Get Support link can be found at top-right of this page. Alternatively, the excellent Apple Support App can be used to open a support case:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Strange marks on apple pencil 2 nd generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.