Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Authorising a new computer

I only have 2 computers authorised but it will not let me authorise a third. How can I authorise my new one?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 9:55 AM

Thank you. The page it directed me to was about deleting hidden data and restarting etc and I tried it but it didn't work. I also deauthorised 2 other computers but was concerned that I might loose everything if I deauthorised the last. You gave me the courage.... and it worked. (BTW, I used to use Basic and Fortran, which only adds to the frustration!)

Have fun!

Caroline

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 9:55 AM in response to brianj123

Thank you. The page it directed me to was about deleting hidden data and restarting etc and I tried it but it didn't work. I also deauthorised 2 other computers but was concerned that I might loose everything if I deauthorised the last. You gave me the courage.... and it worked. (BTW, I used to use Basic and Fortran, which only adds to the frustration!)

Have fun!

Caroline

Jul 16, 2021 7:44 AM in response to PingPongFlower

Hello PingPongFlower,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you are experiencing some issues with authorizing a new computer for iTunes Store purchases. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

We see that you have posted here from the related article of how to authorize or deauthorize computers for iTunes store purchases. Have you had a chance to run through the steps in that article to check for other authorized computers?

Normally, you are able to authorize up to 5 computers. If you only have 2 that are currently authorized, but it is saying that you are at the limit or need to check to see how many others might have been authorized, take a look at the guidance outlined in the following helpful article that goes over how to check, or how to deauthorize others:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Authorising a new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.