Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has the issue with the Apple Watch 6 not connecting to Xfinity been corrected yet?

Does anyone know if the issue with connecting the Apple Watch 6 to the Xfinity network been corrected yet? All the posts I’ve seen are old and I’m deciding whether to buy the watch.

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 5:04 AM

Yes right you are....looks like no one has really claimed success with them yet.

I presume you are also aware that if you have a cellular watch and you want to use the cellular feature, your iPhone and watch must use the same carrier and you will have to activate and have an additional plan with Xfinity to include the watch.

Anyways really slim pickings....would sure need some proper assurance too before making that decision.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 5:04 AM in response to lseng8

Yes right you are....looks like no one has really claimed success with them yet.

I presume you are also aware that if you have a cellular watch and you want to use the cellular feature, your iPhone and watch must use the same carrier and you will have to activate and have an additional plan with Xfinity to include the watch.

Anyways really slim pickings....would sure need some proper assurance too before making that decision.

Jul 16, 2021 4:41 AM in response to better_half

Hi - thanks for your reply. That info is on their website but it doesn’t work. Tried for hours to connect to Xfinity with no success. It’s an ongoing problem if you read posts on their forum. The posts are old but I still had the problem recently. I was asking if it had been resolved cause I’d like to buy another Apple Watch.

Jul 28, 2021 2:49 PM in response to lseng8

This July (2021) I purchased a new Apple Watch 6 with a new iPhone SE(2) so both could work together, and allow me to use the independent cellular capacity through the Watch. I have an Xfinity Mobile account. It has now been over two weeks, and STILL Xfinity cannot, for some reason, activate the cellular on the Watch. It has been a nightmare. There is a local Xfinity store where I live, so I drove down there and spent hours with a tech there who, through his direct computer and phone connections with Xfinity "central," still could not get the Watch's cellular to work--to become activated. He advised that I wait and be patient. Right now, I have no confidence that Xfinity will ever get the cellular capacity on the Watch to activate so I can use it as an independent phone. Would switching mobile service to Verizon be a remedy? Or would I repeat this mess at Verizon?

Jul 28, 2021 2:56 PM in response to dharmachela

I was involved in a thread earlier today and the poster there said that Xfinity told them that it was a SIM issue on their part. They had problems. with old SIMs for the iPhone and that caused issues with the Watch as well. They were sending a new SIM, and that was supposed to fix the situation. Their phone calls were intermittently going straight to voicemail.

Has the issue with the Apple Watch 6 not connecting to Xfinity been corrected yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.